At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Network Engineering team is looking for a dedicated Software Developer to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and worked in a very fast paced environment. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic team proud to say that they are always trying to evolve technologically. This team is a critical part of our trading operations.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a software development role
- Strong experience with dynamic languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Strong experience with web application frameworks: Flask and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with managing databases.
- Understanding of networking and network protocols a major asset.
- Experience with provisioning tools (Ansible) an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile development.
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills in English
As a Software Developer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Building clean object-oriented Python-based web applications to provide added visibility and control to operations as the team maintains our global network and connectivity to the various vendors.
- Providing real-time monitoring of network’s health.
- Developing ad-hoc tools in a very short timeframe as needed by operations to address urgent and critical matters when they arise.
- Provisioning and maintain Linux-based servers in remote sites using Ansible.
- Participating in idea generation and research innovative solutions.
- Assisting in the requirements engineering and analysis phase.
- Developing highly efficient and robust systems.
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!