At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Real-Time System Management team is looking for a dedicated System Administrator to be part of an industry leader in finance and technology. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and worked in a very fast paced environment. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic team proud to say that they are always trying to evolve technologically. This team is a critical part of our trading operations
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- An ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technology
- A technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as a System Administrator
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Basic Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools an asset (ie. Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environment
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent Written and Communication skills in English
- To be available to work outside of normal hours.
As a System Administrator for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Making sure all systems are functioning during any trading operations
- Preparing the systems for upcoming trades
- Automating processes by creating small scripts or by making sure no mistakes are made in repetitive processes
- Providing regular support in the areas of Software and Hardware Maintenance and Deployments
- Participating in a rotating shift to cover trading and maintenance activities
- Becoming a solid team contributor to support multiples trades and improve current processes
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!
Apply for job